Thomson Diagnostic Imaging Centre / Thomson Imaging Centre
THOMSON IMAGING CENTRE
At Thomson Imaging Centre, our services include X-ray, Bone Mass, Ultrasound and Mammogram, all of which are seamlessly integrated with other wellness services within our centre.
Some imaging tests may require you to change into a hospital gown. This is to prevent any metal materials from disrupting the machine readings.
For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 6735 0010.
THOMSON DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING CENTRE
X-Ray and Ultrasound Services
Our Diagnostic and Imaging Centre provides a wide range of diagnostic imaging services such as:
- General x-ray
- Bone Mineral Density screening
- Breast Ultrasound
- Paediatric and general ultrasound
For enquiries, please contact our Thomson Diagnostic Imaging Centre at 6250 7442/3.
Fetal Assessment Unit
The Fetal Assessment Unit (FAU) provides a one-stop obstetric ultrasound and pre-natal diagnostic service for pregnant women who wish to be assured of the well-being of their babies. This unit is the first dedicated unit in a private hospital in Singapore and is managed by a Consultant Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialist and is assisted by a team of experienced and dedicated sonographers.
Our FAU also provides a One-stop Clinic for Assessment of Risk for Fetal Anomalies (OSCAR), which is a first trimester option offered to all pregnant women as an earlier and more accurate method of screening for risk of fetal anomalies, in particular Down Syndrome (Trisomy 21).
1. Screening for chromosomal defects in the first rather than the second trimester provides earlier reassurance for those with a normal result.
2. The composite risk score will help you decide whether you want any invasive testing such as CVS or Amniocentesis.
3. For those choosing this optional test, it will also be less traumatic if a termination is necessary.
What does OSCAR involve?
1. Ultrasound measurement of Nuchal Translucency (NT) at 11-13 weeks + 6 days gestation of the fetus.
2. A sample of the mother’s blood is analysed for levels of free beta hCG and PAPP-A (Pregnancy associated plasma Protein A).
Studies have shown that Down Syndrome is associated with
• Increased maternal age
• Increased fetal nuchal translucency thickness (NT)
• Increased maternal serum free beta-HCG and
• Decreased pregnancy-associated plasma protein A (PAPP-A) concentration
The detection rate of Trisomy 21 by this method would be about 90%, for a false positive rate of 5%. This is superior to the 65% by maternal age and second trimester serum biochemistry; and 80% detection rate by NT and maternal age in the first trimester.
For detailed information on OSCAR, please download our e-brochure.
3D/4D Ultrasound Scans
Fancy taking a peek at your little bundle of joy? With our latest 3D/4D ultrasound scans, you are able to see your unborn child for the first time. A 3D ultrasound scan provides a photographic image of the baby while the 4D ultrasound scan provides a moving image of a baby.
At Fetal Assessment Unit, the 3D/4D ultrasound scans will be performed in a relaxed and comfortable environment by our experienced sonographers using state-of-the-art ultrasound systems.
A 2D scan will still be performed in conjunction with the 3D/4D scan to exclude anomaly and assess the growth of the baby. To experience this amazing and touching moment, just obtain a referral letter from your doctor and book an appointment with us at 6354 4115.
For detailed information on the 3D/4D scan, please download our e-brochure.
Other Services available at FAU include
• Ultrasound imaging for risk assessment of chromosomal abnormalities in the first trimester (Nuchal Translucency Measurement)
• Second trimester Fetal Anomaly (FA) Scanning
• Cervical Length Measurements for prediction of pre-term labour
• Uterine Doppler assessment for prediction of pre-eclampsia and poor fetal growth
• Ultrasound monitoring using Doppler colour flow imaging, as well as the
• Thalassaemia Studies
• Chorionic Villus Sampling
• Cordocentesis/Fetal Blood Sampling
• Multiple pregnancy (twins/triplets/quadruplets) fetal assessment
For enquiries, please contact Thomson Diagnostic Imaging Centre at 6250 7442/3.