Looking for some healthy and tasty dishes to whip up for the family? Try these two recipes packed with ingredients that are good sources of fibre and protein
Zesty Quinoa Salad
1 lime, juiced
1 avocado, diced
30g carrots, diced
30g mango, diced
30g kidney beans
30g tomatoes, diced
40g red capsicum, diced
30g dried cranberries
20g sliced almonds
20g shallots, diced
1 tsp Masala powder
Dash of salt and pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine and toss the ingredients.
- Serve as a main dish or side salad.
Pan-seared Barramundi with Braised Lentils
180g barramundi fillet
50g green lentils
(soaked for 1 hour)
10g carrots, diced
10g celery, diced
10g onion, diced
10g potato, diced
200ml vegetable stock
Shiso leaves to garnish
Dash of salt and pepper
Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Sauté onion, carrot and celery with olive oil until cooked but not brown.
- Add in soaked lentils and cook for two minutes.
- Pour in vegetable stock, boil it and simmer until 80 per cent cooked.
- Add the diced potato and continue cooking until the lentils and potato become soft. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Lightly season the barramundi fillet with salt and pepper.
- Sear the fillet (skin down first) in a pan until the skin is crispy and cook the other side.
- Place the fillet on the braised lentils, garnish with shiso and drizzle with olive oil.
Exclusive for Celebrating Life Loyalty Programme members
- Receive 20% off total bill when you spend a minimum of $30 at Taste Restaurant
at ibis Singapore on Bencoolen (applicable for weekday lunch only)
- Receive 20% off a-la-carte food menu when you dine at OOPEN Pasta & Grill
restaurant, ibis Singapore Novena
Visit thomsoncelebratinglife.com for more details
Recipes courtesy of ibis Singapore on Bencoolen (Quinoa Salad); ibis Singapore Novena (Barramundi)