Ingredients for cake
- 100g cake flour
- 2½ eggs
- 30ml water
- 25g melted butter
Ingredients for frosting
- 1 egg white (20g)
- 15g sugar
- 45g cold butter (cubed)
- 12g hazelnut paste
- Icing powder
- Preheat oven to 375°C. Line a 40cm X 30cm baking tray with parchment paper.
- Beat eggs and flour with electric mixer on medium speed for 3 minutes, then beat on high speed until volume is doubled. Pour in melted butter and whisk for 10 minutes.
- Spread batter evenly onto baking tray and bake for 12 minutes. Once done, set the cake aside to cool.
- To make the hazelnut frosting, whisk egg white at medium speed while boiling the sugar in water. Once boiled, pour the sugar mix into the egg white.
- Continue whisking until smooth, then slowly add cold butter cubes and whisk for 10 minutes.
- Once blended, add in hazelnut paste and whisk for another 3 minutes.
- Spread some hazelnut frosting evenly onto the cake, then carefully roll it into a log shape.
- Refrigerate cake until ready to frost. Spread remaining hazelnut frosting over log cake. Decorate the top with a dusting of icing powder.
Exclusive for Celebrating Life Loyalty Programme members
- Enjoy 15% off total bill at The Square Restaurant and Le Bar Rouge at Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay
- Enjoy 25% discount on weekend dinner buffet at Royale Restaurant, Mercure Singapore Bugis
Visit thomsoncelebratinglife.com for more details
Recipes courtesy of Mercure Singapore Bugis