Cooking Time: 1 hour
300g Kinmemai Better Brown Rice
50g white onions (diced)
30g carrots (diced)
30g green peas
1 chicken thigh (boneless and skinless, diced)
1 stalk spring onion (chopped)
1 tbsp water
12 eggs (3 eggs per omelette)
400ml Japanese demi-glaze
Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
3 tbsp oil
- Cook 300g Kinmemai better brown rice as per cooking instruction with 450ml water. Do not wash the rice.
- Let it rest overnight in the fridge or until it cools down
- Heat 1 tbsp oil on medium heat in a non-stick pan.
- Saute diced white onions until translucent.
- Add in diced chicken and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in 30g diced carrots and 30g green peas. Cook for a minutes.
- Add in Kinmemai better brown cooked rice. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Pour in tomato ketchup followed by 1 tbsp water, stirring until ketchup sauce is reduced and each grain of rice is separate and coated in a shiny sheen of ketchup.
- Season with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Mould a quarter of the rice into an oval shape mould onto a plate.
- Beat 3 eggs in a bowl.
- Using a kitchen paper towel, dip into the bowl of oil. Lightly grease an 8 inch non-stick pan with oil on medium heat.
- Pour in the beaten eggs.
- Immediately stir them up with wooden chopsticks to scramble.
- When the eggs are about 50% cooked, pour it back in a bowl. Whisk gently using a pair of chopsticks.
- Clean the pan. Lightly grease with oil.
- Tilt the pan toward you. Pour the egg mixture back into the pan, to form a crescent.
- Using a spatula, fold the edges, followed by the centre to form an oval shape.
- Gently flip the egg to fold it into 2.
- Tip the pan for the fire to heat the edges, to seal the side seam of the omelette.
- Gently roll the omelet towards and away from yourself, and place it on top of the fried rice.
- Repeat with remaining fried rice and eggs.
- Using a knife, gently slice the omelet, it will fall open and cover the rice with a soft, saucey scramble omelette.
- Drizzle demi-glace sauce over it. Garnish with chopped spring onions.