Ingredients for salad
- 230g penne
- 300g chicken breast
- 30g paprika
- 150g-bag (about 1½ cups) julienned carrots
- 150g-bag (about 1 cup) baby sweet peppers, seeded and sliced thinly into rings
- 50g-bag (about 1 cup) bean sprouts
- 3 Japanese cucumbers, halved, seeded and sliced
- 3 scallions, sliced
- Up to 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ head or more white cabbage, sliced
- ½ head or more purple cabbage, sliced
- 2 cups peanuts, chopped
Ingredients for dressing
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 2tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 2tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Cook the penne to al dente according to the package directions. Drain, rinse and let cool.
- Season the chicken breast with paprika, salt and pepper. Pan sear until cooked.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized slices. Mix with the cooked pasta, vegetables, scallions and cilantro. Add the peanuts and toss well.
- For the dressing, combine the ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk. Pour desired amount over the salad, mix well and serve.
Besides being a good source of protein, chicken is also rich in vitamins and minerals like vitamins A, B and D, and iron and potassium