The school holidays are approaching and what better way to bond with your kids than having some fun time in the kitchen. We selected two easy-to-do recipes that you can create with your little ones, and these can be eaten for breakfast or as pick-me-ups in the afternoon. These will entice them to eat their fruits, too!
STRAWBERRY & CREAM CHEESE CRACKERS
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 2 slices very thin whole-wheat crackers or bread
- 2 medium strawberries, sliced
Combine cream cheese, honey and orange zest in a bowl. Spread the cheese mixture on the cracker or bread, and place sliced strawberries on top.
CHOCOLATE & BANANA TOAST
- 1 piece of toast or graham cracker
- Nutella or other chocolate-hazelnut spread
- Banana slices
- 1/2 teaspoon sweetened shredded coconut, toasted if desired
Spread a tablespoon of Nutella on toast or graham cracker, and top with slices of banana and a sprinkling of coconut.
RECIPES COURTESY OF EATINGWELL.COM