- MA, MBBChir (University of Cambridge, UK)
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Board Certified in Internal Medicine)
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Board Certified in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism)
- Master of Science in Translational Research (University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA)
English, Bahasa, Cantonese, Hokkien
ProfileDr Sue Anne Toh is a Senior Consultant Endocrinologist with almost 20 years’ experience in internal medicine, diabetes and metabolism. She obtained her medical degree from the University of Cambridge, UK. Her postgraduate training was at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA, where she attained her specialist qualifications in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology (American Board of Internal Medicine), as well as a Master of Science in Translational Research.
Dr Toh is a leading expert in the management of a wide spectrum of conditions including diabetes, lipid disorders, metabolism, weight management and cardiovascular risk management. She has a special interest in incorporating the latest technology, scientific and real-world clinical evidence into improved solutions for personalised health, tailored to different populations.
Dr Toh is currently CEO, Medical Director and Co-Founder of NOVI Health, a specialist medical clinic which integrates clinical care with lifestyle interventions, supported by technology, to prevent, reverse and treat chronic lifestyle-related diseases. Dr Toh previously served as Senior Consultant, Endocrinology, at the National University Hospital (NUH), where she led person-centred care models to improve care integration and outcomes, particularly for patients with complex medical conditions.
Dr Toh has been invited to speak as a Key Opinion Leader at numerous local and international conferences and Continuing Medical Education programmes. She is also a member of many national clinical, research and innovation workgroups, such as the Ministry of Health Lipid Clinical Practice Guidelines Workgroup, the national Diabetes Research Taskforce, and the Precision Medicine: Clinical Practice Adoption Workgroup. In addition, she serves on the advisory boards of pharmaceutical, biotech and life science industry firms.
Dr Toh is a recipient of national and international awards including American Heart Association Awards, Singapore’s National Medical Research Council Clinician Scientist Award, Public Service (PS21) Gold Award and National Healthcare Innovation and Productivity Excellence Champion Medal.
Dr Toh’s translational research focuses on functional characterization of pathways involved in type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular complications. She continues to be active in research as an Honorary Visiting Consultant at the National University Hospital (NUH) and Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore (NUS).
In her clinical practice, she places a great emphasis on listening to her patients and fully understanding their lifestyles and priorities, so that she can tailor a holistic and evidence-based care plan that helps them better control their conditions and enjoy a good quality of life.
- Public Service (PS21) Gold Award
- National Healthcare Innovation and Productivity Excellence Champion Medal
- Singapore’s National Medical Research Council Clinician Scientist Award
- American Heart Association Awards
- Leads the world’s largest comprehensive scientific study on progression of diabetes in Asian populations
- Workgroup member for the development of the Singapore Ministry of Health’s Clinical Practice Guidelines on Lipids