M.B.B.S (Singapore) – Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, National University of Singapore 2004
MRCP (UK) – Member of Royal College of Physicians, United Kingdom 2008
FAMS (Endocrinology) 2012
ProfileDr Tay Tunn Lin is a Senior Consultant Endocrinologist with more than 15 years of clinical experience. Dr Tay specialises in the management of all endocrine conditions, particularly diabetes and thyroid disorders. She graduated from the National University of Singapore in 2004 with a Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS), obtained her post-graduate Internal Medicine degree, Membership of the Royal College of Physicians (United Kingdom) in 2008, and subsequently completed her specialist training in Endocrinology in 2012.
Upon completing her specialist training, Dr Tay consulted at Changi General Hospital (CGH) and is also the Director of the Diabetes Centre since 2015. Apart from consulting at her own private practice, Dr Tay is also a Visiting Consultant at CGH today.
Dr Tay has special expertise in managing early onset diabetes from her years managing the young adult diabetes clinic in restructured hospitals since 2015. She was involved in setting up the service of managing young patients with diabetes transiting from pediatric to adult care as well as in charge of all diabetes-related management issues in the inpatient and outpatient setting. She is well-published in her field, and received the Care Award (Silver) in 2012 and the Singapore Health Quality Service award (Gold) in 2019 and 2020 in recognition of her high standards in patient care.
Dr Tay also takes an active role in educating the younger generation of doctors, being appointed the Associate Program Director of house officers since 2014 and was awarded the Outstanding Faculty Award at the Residency in Singhealth Excels Awards 2019.
In setting up her own practice, Dr Tay aims to deliver personalised and high-quality care for her patients, including those who require long-term management.
- Diabetes and complications, including insulin initiation and difficult to control diabetes cases
- Thyroid, including thyroid nodule fine needle aspiration cytology and thyroid cancers
- Osteoporosis including complex cases such as decisions regarding drug holidays, severe osteoporosis, secondary osteoporosis
- Adrenal diseases
- Pituitary diseases
- Calcium and Vitamin D disorders
- Growth hormone disorders
- Obesity and weight management including preparation for bariatric surgery
- Endocrine causes of hypertension
- Hyperlipidemia, including suspected cases of familial hyperlipidemia and complex cases of hyperlipidemia