Ovarian cysts are sac-like pockets of fluid that grow inside or on your ovaries. They are commonly formed during ovulation and are usually harmless and benign. Though these cysts usually go away on their own without treatment, a cyst becomes a problem when it doesn’t go away or gets bigger.
While a pelvic exam can detect the presence of these cysts, an ultrasound test will allow your doctor to assess the shape, size, location of the cyst and determine whether it is filled with fluid or soft tissue.
Common symptoms are:
- Pelvic pain
- Sharp or dull pain that comes and go
- Pain during bowel movements or when there is pressure on your bowels
- Nausea, vomiting or breast tenderness (similar to that experienced during pregnancy)
- Fullness or heaviness in your abdomen
- Frequently urination or having difficulty emptying your bladder completely
We can help. Call us at 9-THOMSON (9-8466766) during office hours or email us at email@example.com to make an appointment or find out more!
我们可以为您提供帮助。医疗预约及更多咨询请发送电邮至 firstname.lastname@example.org 或致电:9-THOMSON (9-8466766) 工作日 09:00-18:00