Cardiology is a branch of medicine that studies and treats diseases affecting the heart and the arteries. Common diseases include coronary artery disease, heart failure and congenital heart defects. Thomson Cardiology Centre is a cardiac specialist centre situated within Thomson Medical Centre that provides evidence-based and cost-effective outpatient medical services covering a comprehensive range of cardiac investigations.
At Thomson Cardiology Centre, Dr Gerard Leong is trained in the diagnosis and management of various medical heart health conditions for adolescents, adults and the elderly. Using only state-of-the-art cardiovascular equipment, some of the non-invasive procedures include:
– 12-Lead Electrocardiogram (ECG)
– Signal-Averaged ECG
– Ambulatory ECG (Holter) Monitoring
– Trans-Telephonic ECG
– Exercise Stress ECG (Treadmill test)
2. Ambulatory Diagnostic Services
– 24-hour Ambulatory Blood Pressure (ABP) Monitoring
– Carotid Ultrasound
– Comprehensive range of blood/urine/stool investigations
– Trans-Thoracic Echocardiogram (TTE)
– Exercise Stress Echocardiogram (ESE)
– Dobutamine Stress Echocardiogram (DSE)
4.High-resolution Cardiac Computed Tomography (CT)
– CT Coronary Calcium Scoring
– Multi-slice CT Coronary Angiography
More information on our Heart Health Screening Packages.
Check out articles about Cardiology here.
Ask about our Heart Health Screening Package for Fathers during the month of June!