What should I pack for my hospital bag?
Basic toiletries throughout your stay will be provided. However, you may also wish to bring along your personal clothing, cosmetics and other toiletries during your stay. We advise against bringing large sums of cash or valuables.
You may wish consider packing the following items:
- Bedroom slippers (for patients in shared rooms)
- Cardigan or dressing gown
- Maternity bras without underwire support
- Personal nightgowns (front-open type for easier breastfeeding)
- Polythene bags (for your soiled clothes)
- Socks (optional)
- Disposable underwear
- Personal toiletries
- Personal Breast Pump
- List of official documents for admission registration
For mummies delivering in 2020 with us, we have specially crafted a ‘Green Essentials’ set, filled with eco-friendly items for mummy and baby, to be delivered to your room before you head home.
When should I start packing my hospital bag?
It is advisable to have your hospital bag packed two to four weeks prior to your estimated delivery date.
What should I pack for my baby?
We will provide the following for your newborn baby, however, you may wish to bring along your preferred clothing and necessities for your baby.
- A baby bag
- Baby vest
- Disposable diapers
- Wet wipes
- Wrapping blanket
- A box of tissue paper
- Diaper protective cream
- Sterile cotton balls
- Cord spirit / Spirit swab
- Newborn hat